May 31st, 2012
1. A great present for Father’s Day. Take him white water rafting down the Elaho river, and it includes a salmon BBQ lunch on a private beach. Delicious, scary, and fun. ($155 per person.)
2. A great present for Grandfather’s Day. The safer boat trip includes a scenic float down the Cheakumus river. Doesn’t involve wetsuits, but keep your eyes out for bears, cougars, and coyotes. ($75-$95 per person)
3. Show off to your American friends. Take them down the eagle viewing float, in the bald eagle capital of the world, and show them how those magestic birds prefer it up here in Canada. ($65 to $100 per person, winter only.)
4. Because you need a weekend escape. Rent one of the riverside cabins at Sunwolf for $100 per night. Featuring hardwood floors and vaulted ceilings, with access to BBQs and hot tubs, this feels like a world away but is only 70 minutes from Vancouver.
5. Because you are hungry. Tired of the tourist-y restaurants in Whistler? Stop by Sunwolf’s Fergie’s café on your way to or from the mountain resort, and have lunch in a cosy café on the shores of the Cheakamus river. —Alexandra Suhner Isenberg
Check out our Editor's blog for more photos of Sunwolf and our river rafting trip.
Sunwolf, 70002 Squamish Valley Rd., Brackendale, 604-898-1537 or 1-877-806-8046, www.sunwolf.net