October 7th, 2011
It's that time of year, a time to give thanks, surround yourself with loved ones and to enjoy good food. To spice up your traditional Thanksgiving dinner we've got a great recipe care of Chef David Hawksworth, the man-in-charge at Hawksworth, Vancouver's hottest reservation.Sauteed Pea Tips and Brocollini with Garlic and Red Chili
Serves: 4 (side dish)
4 large handfuls of pea tips
200g blanched brocollini
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pinch of dried red chili
1 shallot minced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
salt to season
1. In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil, add the shallot and cook for 15 seconds.
2. Add the garlic, pea tips and brocollini.
3. Stir over high heat and cook for 2 minutes then add the chili and season with salt
4. Deglaze with sherry vinegar.
5. Enjoy with your Thanksgiving dinner!
Hawksworth, 801 W. Georgia St., Vancouver, 604-673-7000, www.hawksworthrestaurant.com