February 16th, 2005
vancouver women don't get fat either
Mireille Guiliano's French Women Don't Get Fat is the book on every woman's lips these days--when she's not sipping Veuve that is. You know the gist--slim female Champagne executive spills the beans on the French Paradox, which boils down to these slimming lessons:
1. Walk everywhere and always take the stairs;
2. Take your meals with friends (preferably in lipstick and a silk scarf) not alone in sweatpants in front of the fridge;
3. Eat lots and lots of soup (especially with leeks);
4. Pass on the Cosmo and drink a glass of wine with meals - sipping so it lasts throughout;
5. Never deprive yourself, but choose a square of dark chocolate over a Snickers.
Sounds like common sense to us.
Explore more of the book's secrets and recipes (while sipping a glass of wine, naturellement) in a cooking class hosted by the slim and elegant chef Alessandra Quaglia (of Provence and Provence Marinaside) and her French cousine Gigi.
$110 (includes lesson, book, dinner and wine). March 8, 6:30 p.m. at Barbara Jo's Books to Cooks.
Book soon (18 seats available-- events always sell out)
Toll free: (866)-688-6744
Got a friend who you think would like this daily dose? Forward this message, and spread the vitamin v goodness - for goodness sake.