June 22nd, 2007
10 things we love about goldfish pacific kitchen
Yaletown's newest hotspot has us hyped about its novel décor and fresh, clean menu. It's so stunning, in fact, tourists are mistaking it for a furniture store and asking to make purchases. Herewith, the tour.
10. Behold the bar: tables and bar back are made of rare, Canadian marble with pale blue veining. Simply stunning.
9. The custom-drawn, 40-foot modern mural with curvy shapes and bold colours will have you wanting one for your home.
8. Whimsical and chic Missoni-print Philippe Starck Mademoiselle chairs sitting pretty in the bar.
7. Custom-made bamboo dining tables with lazy susans for sharing plates—like three types of whole crab for finger-licking fun.
6. Duck spring rolls ($10) with fresh mint—addictive.
5. Energetic and attentive service (just like sister restaurant, Joe Fortes).
4. A private room that's bright and airy with flatscreen TV (Oscar parties anyone?) and 24 karat gold Ingo Mauer lights. Seriously.
3. Inexpensive and inventive sides like ginger and lemongrass broken rice ($3) and brussel sprouts with crispy Asian bacon ($8).
2. The house-mixed rosé sangria that's festive, fun and pretty in pink.
1. The booths made intimate with perforated white screens and a veiled wall that changes colours as you dine. Where are we again? London? Miami? Vancouver!
Goldfish Pacific Kitchen, 1118 Mainland St., 604-689-8318, www.goldfishkitchen.com