September 9th, 2013
How to justify splurging on new makeup brushes? Why, they’re the grown up girl’s back-to-school supplies, of course!
Plus, it’s hard to resist the beauty of Make Up For Ever’s new Artisan Brush Series, a collection of handmade synthetic fibre brushes that took five years to develop. Although there are 76 to choose from, these are the absolute must haves.
1. Keep those fingers off your face and let the Medium Foundation Brush #106 ($41) do the heavy lifting.
2. Smooth and even skin will be ours with the Powder Kabuki Brush #124 ($60, shown).
3. We’ll do some Kim Kardashian-esque contouring - or, you know, sweep on some blush and bronzer - with the Double-Ended Sculpting Brush #158 ($61).
4. Eyeshadow is easily applied, blended and smudged with the Medium Precision Shader Brush #228 ($29).
5. Finally, Lip Brush #304 ($29), a retractable little number, is essential for precise lipstick application on the go.
And remember: Always colour within the lines. —Christine Laroche
Make Up For Ever at Sephora, 677 Sherbrooke St. W., Montreal, 514-849-8484, www.makeupforever.ca
January 12th, 2009
When it comes to scouring the house, we get the gold star. Shamefully, the same can’t be said of our make-up drawer.
But now that we’ve discovered a new sanitizer for our brushes, we’re on the right road. Used by ‘the pretty department’ on star-studded shows like Nip/Tuck and Pushing Daisies, BeautySoClean’s Conditioning Brush Cleanser ($15) dissolves make-up residue, banishes bacteria, and keeps our tools in tip top shape.
Next, we’re tackling behind the fridge.
Available at Murale, 1 Place Ville Marie, Montreal, 514-875-1593, www.beautysoclean.com