September 8th, 2010
Having September Issues?
Hefty September issues of all your favourite fashion mags are piling up. And when you’re done devouring the pages, what to do with the mags? Besides the obvious: trading, donating and/or recycling, herewith, five ways to extend their shelf life.
1. Place two or three stacks of magazines side-by-side and put a piece of glass or wood on top to create a table.
2. Create your own fashionable magnetic poetry kit by cutting out words in different colours and fonts and gluing them onto magnetic strips.
3. Make your own fall lookbook by cutting out editorials you love and binding them together for easy reference when you can’t decide what to wear in the morning.
4. Save a few of your favourite pages for gift wrapping. Your fashionista friends will appreciate those earrings so much more when they come wrapped in a Lanvin dress.
5. If you have the space, keep the mags that stand out. Eventually, they’ll become collectibles and worth a little something.